Here is a step-by-step tutorial for purchasing online tickets for the Madaraka Express SGR train. Many people laud the contemporary railway for its simplicity, speed, and fantastic experience as it travels 120 kilometers through the breathtaking Tsavo National Park.
Online Madaraka Express SGR Booking.
1. Go to https://metickets.krc.co.ke/ to access the official Madaraka Express website.
2. Select your preferred type of train. (Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR intercounty for morning travel).
3. Choose your starting point. (Mombasa, Athi River, Emali, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi, or Nairobi).
4. Enter or choose your preferred location. (Nairobi, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali, Athi River, or Mombasa).
5. Choose the day you want to travel.
6. On the homepage, click the “Book Ticket” button.
7. Choose how many tickets you want to buy on the next page.
8. Select the service level that you want. (First or Economy class).
9. Enter your name, ID number, gender, nationality, and contact details under Passenger Details.
10. Review your reservation information, then press “Confirm” to continue with the payment.
11. Decide on the payment method. (M-PESA).
12. You will get a confirmation email and text message with your reservation information and a QR code as soon as the payment is successful. These specifics will be used to print the ticket at the relevant station. (departing station).
Reminder: Purchase a maximum of 5 tickets in a single transaction, anytime, from the convenience of your home, workplace, or even while traveling. Bookings for single tickets and round-trip tickets are permitted seven days in advance, but must be purchased nine days prior to the date of travel for groups of more than 20 passengers.